Basque Style Cheesecake with Matcha
The "Burnt" Basque Cheesecake is very easy to make. Just mix the ingredients and bake at high heat. It is meant to be burnt, so there is no way to mess up. We added Jugetsudo Organic Matcha Nature and it made the flavorful cheesecake even better! You can enjoy this cake in two ways. When the cake is warm, it is light and fluffy. Serve it with vanilla ice cream. If you like it rich, let it cool or chill in the fridge. It is so creamy and decadent!
- for a 6 inch cake mold
- 11oz (300g) cream cheese
- 3 oz (902g) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5 oz (150cc or 3/5 cup) heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1½ Tablespoon Organic Matcha Nature
- Heat the to 430°F.
- Put the cream cheese In a microwavable bowl, and heat it for 30 seconds or until the cream cheese is soft. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add the heavy cream, flour and matcha powder and mix well.
- Cut a parchment paper that is large enough to line the cake mold from the bottom to the rim. Wet the paper with water and squeeze. Line the cake mold with the now wet and wrinkled parchment paper (this will make the outside of the cake look rustic!)
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until deeply golden brown on top and still jiggly in the center, 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then unmold. Let cool completely and peel away parchment from the cake carefully. Slice into wedges and serve at room temperature.