Matcha Cake with Raisins
Raisins add extra sweetness to this flavorful cake. Pair it with classic green tea, sencha!
- 1 oz (30g) butter
- 2 eggs
- 3.5 oz (100g) sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4.5 oz (120g) flour
- 2 tablespoons matcha
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3.5 oz (100g) raisins
- Heat the oven to 320℉ and grease 6" x 6" pan.
- Melt butter in microwave for 15 to 30 seconds, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the heavy cream and mix.
- Add the flour, matcha and baking soda to the egg mixture, sifting. Mix by folding with a spatula.
- Add the melted butter and mix. Add the raisins and mix.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.