It’s winter and everybody is drinking hot toddies to get warm, to nurse a cold and…well, just to enjoy the great tasting wintry drink.
Jessica Braasch at Bible Club PDX made an awesome hot toddy using Jugetsudo mecha, umami packed green tea.
It’s warm, smooth and sweet, and it is also very relaxing.
The atmosphere of Bible Club also helps you to relax. The bar is a recreation of a 1920s-era speakeasy. All the décor is antique from the era. You may feel as if you have traveled back in time. A very fun place to hang out with friends!
6716 SE 16th Ave
Portland, OR 97202
Thank you, Jessica!
- 1.5 oz Cutty Sark Prohibition Edition Blended Scotch Whisky. (or any mild, unpeated blended scotch)
- .5 oz Vanilla honey*
- .5 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 mecha tea bag.
- 4 oz hot water
- Steep mecha in the hot water for 2 minutes.
- While brewing the tea, warm your mug or glass with hot water.
- When the mug is warm, damp the water and pour the liquir, vanilla honey, lemonjuice and the tea.
- Stir and garnish with a thin slice of lemon.
- *Vanilla Honey Recipe
- Combine ¼ cup clover honey and ¼ cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat until the honey melts into the water. Allow to cool and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Stir until blended thoroughly. Keep refrigerated for up to two weeks.