Milk hojicha or hojicha latte is milky and smoky. It tastes almost like milk tea, only a bit lighter.
This milk hojicha pudding can be a light dessert after Japanese themed dinner.
You can use soy milk instead of regular milk.
- ・2 packets (7g x 2) gelatin
- ・4 Tablespoons water
- ・4 Tablespoons hojicha
- ・2 cups milk
- ・6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ・1 cup heavy cream
- ) Dissolve the gelatine in the water and set it aside.
- ) In a small pan, combine the milk and hojicha and cook over medium heat.
- ) Right before boiling, remove from heat and dissolve the brown sugar. Add the heavy cream.
- ) Dissolve the gelatin and mix well.
- ) Strain the milk hojicha through a tea strainer and pour the mixture into cups or glasses and chill them for 4 hours.
- ) *Decorate with whipped cream and shaved dark chocolate (both extra) and serve.