Matcha brownies are rich and soft, with a beautiful green cake on the outside and a rich chocolate with matcha undertones on the inside. This recipe includes walnuts, which are natural antioxidants.
- for a 8" x 10" pan
- 60g (2oz) roasted walnuts
- 160g (6oz) white chocolate, chopped or use chips
- 60g (2oz) unsalted butter
- 60g (2oz) sugar
- 60ml (2oz) milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 60g (2oz) flour
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Line the pan with a parchment paper. Heat the oven to 360℉.
- Melt the white chocolate and butter in a large bowl on a double boiler. Mix well.
- Add sugar and mix well with a spatula.
- Remove from the double boiler, add the milk and mix. Add the beaten eggs in three times and mix well.
- Add the flour, matcha powder and baking powder, sifting. Gently mix by folding with a spatula.
- Add the walnut and mix.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, with the temperature reduced to 320℉.