Matcha jelly is light and sweet! It is super easy to make and it makes a perfect dessert for entertaining. You can make the anko sauce with canned black beans. Anko is usually made with red beans (azuki beans), but canned black beans work just fine! This recipe is for two to three small individual cups.
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 packet (7g) gelatin
- 350 cc water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon matcha
- 15 oz canned black beans
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- heavy cream
- Sprinkle gelatin over one tablespoon of cold water and mix well.
- In a small pan, heat 350cc water and dissolve sugar and matcha.
- Add the gelatin to the matcha water and mix well. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Stir and pour into cups and chill in the refrigerator to set.
- For anko sauce, cook the canned black beans and the sugar in a small pan over low heat stirring until desired consistency. Mash the beans with a potato masher if you like. We lightly mashed half of the beans. Chill. (you can pour this anko sauce over pancakes, vanilla or matcha ice cream, and etc. Be creative!)
- Put the anko sauce on the matcha jelly to serve. Pour some heavy cream on top. You can whip the heavy cream with a little bit of sugar, if you like. Put the small amount of heavy cream and sugar in a jar with a tight lid, and just shake until desired consistency!