Matcha Swirl Marble Pound Cake
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ) Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with vegetable oil cooking spray and line it with parchment paper. Spray the paper.
- ) In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- ) In another medium bowl, cream the butter and sour cream. Add the sugar and mix well. Add one egg at a time and mix well. Transfer 1 cup of the batter to a small bowl. Add the matcha powder and heavy cream to the batter in the small bowl and stir until smooth.
- ) Spoon half of the remaining batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Spread the half of the matcha batter in the pan, then using a table knife, cut 5 swirls in the batter. Spread the remaining half of the plain batter in the pan and smooth the surface. Spread the remaining matcha batter and again cut 5 swirls. Bake the pound cake for 25 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 325° and bake for 15 minutes more. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 10 more minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the pound cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then unmold and let cool completely on a wire rack.