Matcha Soufflé Cheese Cake
Matcha Soufflé Cheese Cake is light and fluffy! It melts in your mouth...so delicious! This recipe is for 6" cake pan.
- 1 package (226g=8oz) cream cheese
- 20g (3/4 oz) unsalted butter
- 50cc milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 35g (1¼ oz) flour
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 55g (2 oz) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 210℉.
- Line the cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium pot, put the cream cheese, unsalted butter and milk and cook over low heat, constantly mixing with a wooden spoon. When the cream cheese is melted and well combined with the butter and milk, remove from heat. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Then, add the egg yolks. Make sure the mixture is cool to the touch so that the egg yolks do not set. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and matcha powder and sift. Add the flour to the cream cheese mixture.
- In another large bowl, put the egg whites and sugar and beat until firm peaks form.
- Add the egg whites to the cream cheese and flour mixture in two times. Mix well with a spatula.
- Pour in the batter into the lined cake pan.
- Place the cake pan in the center of an oven safe dish large enough to hold the cake pan. Gently pour 100℉ water into the dish, 1 inch deep. If your cake pan has a detachable bottom, make sure to cover it with a sheet of aluminum foil to avoid the water seep into the pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Then increase the temperature to 320℉ and bake for another 15 minutes.